3825 Iris Ave
Boulder, CO 80301
$2995/FULL CERTIFICATE PROGRAM (Phases 1 and II), $2860/Earlybird tuition for FULL CERTIFICATE program (Phases I and II) - until AUG 6
The Sacred Passage End-of-Life Doula Certificate Program is a 2-phase / 8 day certificate program
for anyone wishing to serve at end-of-life. 66 CNEs from ANCC
Phase I Fri. Sep 8-10, 2017
Phase II Nov 8-12, 2017
This onsite transformational program changes end-of-life care by transforming caregivers who return the emotional, spiritual, physical, practical care and loving experience they receive to the patients and families they serve. From healthcare professionals to concerned family members to end-of-life experts, this program provides the preparation needed to befriend death, surrender and trust deeply in each moment, become part of the next great evolution in healthcare, and become a supportive and effective end-of-life companion.
By going through this program, nurses, clinical professionals, and non-medical caregivers may for the first time encounter deeper aspects of themselves that expand their self-awareness and help them identify their own hopes, beliefs and desires regarding end of life.
The program’s somatic, reflective activities give participants an embodied experience of empathy— of grief, loss, forgiveness, love, and how to be with intense emotional and spiritual states that can accompany families and patients facing death.
This course offers 66 CEUs.
THE 2-PHASE CURRICULUM
PHASE 1: SEPT 8-10 - Preparing Self as Healing Environment.
This 3-Day Workshop: "Conscious Dying Practices for Awakening NOW" focuses on the inner awakening of the caregiver through transformational activities.
• Develops Self care and nurturance
• Restores Authentic Healing Gifts and Purpose
• Increases Awareness of End of Life Desires, Beliefs, and Wishes
• Emphasizes: Conscious Connection | Confident Communication | Comforting Care | Community Building
BETWEEN PHASE 1 and 2: Best Three Months Practicum: End of Life Coaching and Care Planning
This is a faculty-mentored practicum in which students develop Best Three Months of Life Care and Priorities in the Five Domains of life. They work together on their own care plan and develop a care plan for 2 other people in their community.
PHASE 2: NOV 8-12 - Best Life Care: 5 Domain Healing Modality Training:
The 5-day onsite program offers complimentary comforting care therapies in each domain of life that increase the Doula’s ability to provide physical comfort, emotional and spiritual support, legacy, purpose and meaning; and sacred practical care of the body after death. Through live music, restorative and releasing “practices for death”, visioning for Best Three Months of Life, community and individual grief and forgiveness rituals, participants heal their own sense of separation and isolation from life. Faith in life is renewed, loving relationships restored, and the experience of the transformative healing potential of death is grounded and embodied in each graduate.
In this phase we:
• Learn comfort care healing modalities in the following domains of life:
- Spiritual Awareness
- Emotional Completion
- Physical Comfort
- Life Review
- Practical After Death Care
• Create Ceremony & Ritual
• Undertake Strategic Visioning for Doula Practice
• Support Doula Practice Business Development
• Have access to Peer Mentoring and Coaching
• Access Conscious Dying Institute Branding and Marketing materials
• Moving from curative care to healing care
• Creating vitality instead of physical exhaustion
• Offering supported conversations instead of challenging topics
• Making space for beauty-filled visions and Best Life Care plans instead of unexpressed wishes
• Transmuting unexpressed feelings into life satisfaction and completion
• Implementing complimentary therapies in 5 domains of life: Spiritual, Emotional, Physical Place/Comfort, and Practical
• Creating caring healing environments for patients and staff
• Create caring healing relationships that nurture self and others
• Creating caring communication and conversational confidence with staff, residents, patients and families regarding care choices at end of life
• Facilitating sharing of stories of grief, loss, miracles, mysteries and unexplainable events with family, staff, and patients
• Administering life completion practices including forgiveness, gratitude, legacy, grief work.
WHO WE ARE
The Conscious Dying Institute is an end-of-life education and healthcare training organization that increases the innate healing presence of frontline caregivers, develops confidence to have end of life conversations, and prepares them to offer comforting healing care to patients in Hospices, Senior Communities, Home and Health Care systems.
Our mission is to restore death to its sacred place in the beauty, mystery and celebration of life, to create a caring healing end of life culture for nurses, staff patients and families in all health care settings, eradicating life diminishing treatment choices and futile care practices driven by fear of death.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
This program is for frontline staff, nurses, clinicians, healing arts professionals, home and family caregivers, or anyone wishing to serve at the end of life, including those interested in exploring their own mortality and desiring to deepen their present moment awareness and full experience of life. Caregivers trained in Conscious Dying Education reconnect to their true purpose and power as caring healing agents preparing them to respond to human frailty and vulnerability, to the basic needs of compassion, listening, honesty, holding, openness, kindness, comfort, patience, healing and love.
If you would like more information, please contact us at: : email@example.com
FOR CANADIANS, there is an upcoming certificate program in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Phase I - Nov 24-26
Phase II - Mar 7-11